THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stepping forward...

God told me Australia.....and so I went. I guess I never realized the challenges that I would face in only one years time would alter my life forever. Working with YWAM Byron Bay and staffing two Discipleship Training Schools has taken me to places I just never thought possible. In a little over a year I have been to 5 different nations. I've experienced things that have torn my heart in two, while burning a passion and resolve to fight injustice in as many ways I can.

This January God started speaking to me specifically about a ministry He wanted to start through me. I had no idea at the time what it all meant. But shortly after revealing that to me, the director of the base here came and asked if he could pray for me. He began praying, unknown to him of what God had just been speaking, and started praying that my heart for mercy and injustice would be a platform for my ministry. Well that got me excited! It wasn't until I was sitting on a prostitutes bed in the red light district of Calcutta that I finally knew what my ministry would be.

Having a heart for injustice against women I began researching sex trafficking and the problem worldwide. That's when God gave me a heart for Thailand and Cambodia. Being target nations for trafficked victims young and old I knew God was calling me here. After spending two amazing months in these countries it was only burned deeper in my heart to fight against this injustice. While in Cambodia God began speaking to me about my next step. Never would I imagine that He would call me to Peru!

I still ask, " Ummm God, are you sure it's Peru?" After taking some serious time praying into this and seeking His heart I knew that I wasn't imagining things. Peru it is! And so....now here I am, 2wks left here in Byron Bay. It has gone by so quickly. I have no idea how all this will map out...but all I know is God has NEVER failed me. Only surprised me and tested my patience. He's funny like that. So...I am stepping forward. Into something big. Into something God has been waiting for many a year now I think. I won't lie, this has been one of the most painful years yet. But God is a jealous God. He refuses to keep me in a place of mediocrity or just "getting by". He wants the ultimate best for me, His daughter. And He will fight for my heart, to heal those dark places of my heart that sat in shame and pain.

It would have been easier to stick with the "getting by". But I am so thankful that God wasn't ok with it. Oh I still had a choice in the matter. I could have stubbornly ignored His prodding. I thank God I didn't though. I am on the threshold of something so amazing it's frightening. And I wouldn't have it any other way....I'm stepping forward and I know my God will be with me every, single, step of the way....

0 comments: