
I'm alone. I have the whole house to myself. This rarely happens here. The silence and I are buddies. That and the roaring traffic out on Pacific Highway. I recognize that I live in a place of great beauty. Picture perfect sunsets above open field. Starry skies that seem to carry on forever. Exotic wildlife, a rainbow pallet of flowers. You take for granted that which has become familiar. This place holds a myriad of memories for me.
Australia alone has been an adventure. But it has also been a jumping point to many other journeys. I am not wanting to brag....but merely point out what a loving God I am in relationship with. Since I was 21yrs old I have seen some of the most amazing places in the world. Experienced many an event that I seriously have had to stop and ask if I was dreaming...
Danced in the village of Brokopondo in the Amazon jungle, witnessed the great beauty of Cathedral Cove in New Zealand, snorkeled in the lagoon of Rarotonga in the Pacific Islands, witnessed Time Square at night, seen the Taj Mahal in morning sun, Ankor Wat in the blazing sun, Petronas Towers of Kuala Lumpur, photographed the largest reclining Buddha in Thailand, bushwalked with aboriginals in Australia.....and this is only the beginning.
I am seriously moved to tears when I think about all the dreams I had of traveling the world as a child. I was one whom you might say had an overactive imagination. I grew up in a small town of 1,200. Mainly made up of farmers and their families. To dream big meant you wanted to see New York City. At least in my eyes that's what it meant. As a child I lived in a make believe world of jungles, village huts, daring escapes, and great heroic feats. Who would have guessed that those dreams are now reality?
Senseless ramblings aside.....I guess what I am trying to say is this....you are never too old, too young, too poor, too busy, too inadequate, to dream. And not just the small dreams, the really really big ones! A rather amazing group of friends and I have a song we all love...Journeys 'Don't Stop Believing'. I never want to stop believing that with my God, that which is impossible is made possible. It's in the Bible. Look it up. Matthew 19:26 And start believing in the God you serve. Not just believing for someone else...but believing for yourself. God has so many adventures in store for His children....we just need to take time to listen to His heart for us.....
Restored
8 years ago
1 comments:
I so share in your desire to bring God's love to such a heartbroken world. And I'm so incredibly glad that you've been overwhelmingly blessed with these experiences... they inspire others to suit up and head out there as well. It inspires me. :)
I miss you, lady. I'm glad you'll be here soon.
Post a Comment