I left Australia with visions of Peru and saving the world dancing in my head.God spoke Peru, but never once did I think to ask "When Peru?" So needless to say I arrive back on American soil with plans of what I think are to happen next.God has a funny way of switching that all up. It's humbling to admit that I kinda, sortaplaced these expectations upon my weak shoulders. Thinking I suppose that I had somegrand vision to attain on behalf of all those rooting for me. I believe God, in His gentle way came alongside and spoke to me. "My daughter. Peru will come. But I have a few other steps for you before then. Will you trust me?"Aaaggh! That simple question, asked in a quiet way. Will. You. Trust. ME?It all falls on that doesn't it? Trust. Our concepts of trust are shaped on the many earthly examples placed before us during our life. We tend to forget that those examples are merelyhuman. Fallible.Our God is not. He is utterly trustworthy. Unfailing. Never changing. Always the same.Today I read in my faithful Mr. Chambers. I would like to share a few of his quotes.
"....Genesis 16 is an illustration of listening to good advice when it is dark instead of waiting for God to send the light. When God gives a vision and darkness follows, wait. God will make you in accordancewith the vision He has given if you will wait His time. Never try and help God fulfil His word. Abraham went through thirteen years of silence, but in those years all self-sufficiency was destroyed; there was no possibility left of relying on common-sense ways. Those years of silence were a time of discipline, not of displeasure......The one thing for which we are all being disciplined is to know that God is real. As soon as Godbecomes real, other people become shadows. Nothing that other saints do or say can ever perturb the one who is built on God."
Words resounding in my head. I am headed to Philadelphia. That wasn't in my plan. Course I didn't have a plan mapped out in it's entirety. Just Peru. Be a modern day abolitionist. I get impatient. Jump to the next adventure overseas. God slows me down. Taps me on the shoulder and brings me back to His plan. His vision for my life. And He asks if I am willing to trade my vision for His. That doesn't mean turning my back on my dreams and desires. No, those are still close to my Fathers heart for me. He just has a better way of bringing me to those dreams and desires. A more perfect way. And that is where the trust and patience comes in. Lately I have been blown away by His great love for me. It brings me to tears every time. It doesn't matter how badly I screw things up. How my selfish heart hurts others. My words cut. My stubbornness holds me. He will always love me. There is NOTHING I can do that will make Him love me less. Think about that....Why? I don't get it. I am not sure I ever will. But if He loves me as much as He says He does, then how can I NOT trust Him?Maybe that is the question I should be asking.....
"....Genesis 16 is an illustration of listening to good advice when it is dark instead of waiting for God to send the light. When God gives a vision and darkness follows, wait. God will make you in accordancewith the vision He has given if you will wait His time. Never try and help God fulfil His word. Abraham went through thirteen years of silence, but in those years all self-sufficiency was destroyed; there was no possibility left of relying on common-sense ways. Those years of silence were a time of discipline, not of displeasure......The one thing for which we are all being disciplined is to know that God is real. As soon as Godbecomes real, other people become shadows. Nothing that other saints do or say can ever perturb the one who is built on God."
Words resounding in my head. I am headed to Philadelphia. That wasn't in my plan. Course I didn't have a plan mapped out in it's entirety. Just Peru. Be a modern day abolitionist. I get impatient. Jump to the next adventure overseas. God slows me down. Taps me on the shoulder and brings me back to His plan. His vision for my life. And He asks if I am willing to trade my vision for His. That doesn't mean turning my back on my dreams and desires. No, those are still close to my Fathers heart for me. He just has a better way of bringing me to those dreams and desires. A more perfect way. And that is where the trust and patience comes in. Lately I have been blown away by His great love for me. It brings me to tears every time. It doesn't matter how badly I screw things up. How my selfish heart hurts others. My words cut. My stubbornness holds me. He will always love me. There is NOTHING I can do that will make Him love me less. Think about that....Why? I don't get it. I am not sure I ever will. But if He loves me as much as He says He does, then how can I NOT trust Him?Maybe that is the question I should be asking.....

0 comments:
Post a Comment